Upcoming Adoption Events
Simply visit us anytime during business hours!
- You must be 18 years of age and apply in person.
- Have a valid identification with your current address.
- Be able to verify that you can have a pet where you live. Those who wish to adopt must provide proof of home ownership (mortgage statement or tax bill) or provide your landlord's phone number or lease.
- All household members who will be living with the dog will be required to meet the dog before adoption approval.
- Understand that the New Haven Animal Shelter reserves the right to deny an adoption for any reason.
- All pets of age will be spayed or neutered prior to pick-up once adoption is complete.
- Those looking to adopt a companion for their dog must bring the dog to meet the shelter dog to ensure it is a good match.
- Cost for adoption is $90 and includes vaccinations and spaying or neutering. CASH ONLY PLEASE.
Not a complete list as some of these pets may already have found new homes.